Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day - MDUC

Happy Sunday Stampers,

(photo take 2 - I changed the ribbon, I decided it was too much red and needed something softer.)

It's Mothers Day in Australia today. For all you Mother's out there, wishing a very special day.

It is also time for another Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this week it is PAPER TOLE.

I enjoyed this challenge, as most of my cards are paper toled, maybe not in the true sense, but I always like to add some extra layers for dimension & to give a little life to my cards.

I made this Easel card for my Mum, as a lot of you know she has not been well, but everyday she is a lot stronger.

The gorgeous papers are October Afternoon's Fly a Kite from Delish Papercrafting. This is my very first Magnolia stamp purchased Sommar Tilda med with Hat from the Shabby Chic Summer 2009 Collection, I still love her, she was feeling a little neglected,  so I thought I would show her some love. I also used another Magnolia Stamp -  Love Heart sentiment - Love Collection 2009 - Mothers hold our hands for a while sentiment - Stampendous, Doily from Tickled Pink Stamps. Machine stitching.

Copic Colours, Skin E11, E000, E00, Hair E30, E31, E25, Red's R000, R20, R22, R24, R27, Green G21 & G28.

I hope you are inspired to join us this week & hope you will check out all of the inspiration from my amazing team members gorgeous creations.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend and don't forget to stop by Tickled Pink Stamps Blog to see Kellie's new stamp range - Lil Lolita's, they are fabulous and just by leaving a comment you could win your very own Lil Lolita.

Hugs Jodie

25 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Jodie - Stunning! Absolutely STUNNIG! I love your Tilda, and she looks so gorgeous in her little paper pieced top. The papers are divine and wow girl, your colouring! I am in awe. You are truly an artist my dear!
Love Kyliek

Kylie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Your Mum will certainly feel a million dollars today when she receives your gorgeous card. Glad to hear she's improving everyday!
I love your 1st Tilda and the lovley sentiment you've used. Your colouring is beautiful as always and your new papers are delish.

Kylie ox

Kerrie said...

Your mother will cherish this card, its just so cute. You have really mastered those copics, sorry I missed meeting you at the certification on Thursday, I'm sure therre will be another time.

Unknown said...

Hey Jodie I love your card and I'm sure your mum will love it even more!! Tilda is so sweet in those colours and your paper tole pieces are perfect!! Love that red bow too!!
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Jodie, Absolutely STUNNING! I love your art!!! You are a true talent sweetie!!
hugs to you, Janiel

Tracey Feeger said...

Jodie what a gorgeous card. I love it. Beautiful sentiment.
mwah
Trace

Chantelle said...

Just GORGEOUS Jodie - you've used my favourites papers!! Lovely colours and your paper-tole is sooooo pretty - a very fabulous Mothers Day card - have a wonderful day. xx

Kelly Schelske said...

It's so gorgeous Jodie and your Mum will certainly love it!!

Kathy said...

Adorable card Jodie!! I love this pretty paper and I still love this TIlda too!!! She is just adorable! Your coloring is stunning as usual and love all your details!
Glad to hear your mum is getting better!!! I hope you have a special day as well!
:)Kathy

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Jodie WOW this is absolutly gorgeous!!! Your colouring is out of this world amazing!! And the papers look fabulous!
Kristy xx

heidy said...

Hi jodie,your mam will love this,I do.
Have a nice day.
Hugs heidy

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow, how beautiful. What a truly stunning card. hugs xo Jackie

Maris said...

hi Jodie, here in holland its also mothers day now, and a have made for my mom a lovely card, yours is sooooo lovely ,love the mom stamp,so sweet, have a nice day xx

Imke said...

Absolutly adorable ! I like your coloring and Tilda´s paper pieced top. The DP is great. Beatiful Card.

Andrea C said...

this is a totally stunning card, hope you have a great mother's day all day long x

Sharon said...

Hi Jodie,

Beautiful, gorgeous and stunning card as always. I love the pattern paper and wonderful red ribbon. The sentiment is lovely, I'm sure this will brighten your Mum's day!

Sharon x

Renkata said...

wow Jodie, your cards amaize me everytime, but this one is so elegant and special.

JAN said...

woweeeeeeee this is a real stunner your mum will feel truly loved when she gets this card such work detail and design the best!

Jane said...

Oh Jodie this is stunning!!! I absolutely LOVE the colour scheme and those checked papers! Gorgeous Tilda - she looks great 3D'd!! stunning card hun that your Mum will cherish!! hugs, Jane xxx

DonnaMundinger said...

happy Mother's Day to all! Jodie, this is so amazing! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The papers and everything are soo gorgeous. Your Mum will be over the moon. The red ribbon was pretty, but the twine is just FAB! It definitely adds the softness you were looking for. xxD

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! not sure if you have kids but you have a fur baby.Which my oldest daughter was oooing and awwing about.I was showng her your blog and your work.I go this is her (showed her your pix) i go isn't she pretty.Then my brilliant dd asks what genre is she??? LMBO!!! I said she's an aussie girl lol!! and she's not music.Well yeah i'm waffling again lol!

OH YEAH YOUR CARD LOL!! Your coloring is so beautiful she almost looks real!! I love love her clothes the way you changed her up. Wishing the best and for your mother.Take care of your self.I'll tty soon.Ruby♥

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL - your sentiment and your AMAZING layout -WOW - any mum would LOVE to get this beauty!
xXx

Sue said...

Stunning! Coloring is awesome as always and love the design. Your Mum must have been thrilled to get it. Glad she is returning to good health.

Hugs
Sue

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Jodie! This sweet Tilda is beautifully colored, and I love how you've popped up her bow--so cute! These papers are gorgeous, and the sentiment is lovely! Sorry I'm so late in commenting this week!
Hugs,
April

terry said...

LUV how you popped out her bow! Adorable! ~Terry Y.

Related Posts with Thumbnails